Activities Co-Ordinator - Part Time
Are you looking for a rewarding career that gives you flexibility and a real sense of a job well done? Working within a supportive team, improving the lives of older people could be for you.
Working for CrossReach can provide opportunities for training, personal development and career progression. Our welcoming team will support you to achieve an SVQ level 3 in Social Care and open the door to other development opportunities.
We all have something in common, that is we will all grow older. In CrossReach we want to ensure that those who need a service are surrounded by people who want to care and can help to bring a smile to someone brightening their day, improving their quality of life.
This work can be challenging as well as fulfilling. As an organisation your wellbeing is important to us. We have a benefits package which includes a generous pension.
Salary is pro rata of 38.5 hours per week.
To be involved in organising, planning and delivering a programme of therapeutic and meaningful activities for the service users, in order to provide mental and physical stimulation.
- Organise a range of indoor activities appropriate to the capabilities and interests of service users as detailed in individual care plans.
- Organise outings for service users.
- Provide activities in group settings as well as on a one-to-one basis.
- Work as part of a team and co-operate with colleagues during times of staff shortage or illness to deliver a high standard of service.
- Contribute to the health, safety and security of service users in their environment.
- Promote the well-being of all service users within a Christian framework in a sensitive, caring manner affording them dignity and respect.
- Be willing to undertake any training courses deemed necessary.
- The post will involve some evening and week-end duties and the post holder should be willing to work flexible hours as determined by the Service Manager.
- Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
- Facilitate service users to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice as required by the role).
Ideally you will possess an SVQ 3 in Social Care. If you do not you will be expected to achieve an SVQ 3 in a specified period of time.
As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
The post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
This post requires you to be registered with SSSC and it is your professional responsibility to ensure that you meet the standards and criteria for registration.
Skills and Abilities
The post holder will have enthusiasm, be self-motivated and have the ability to work under own initiative. They will also have an understanding of relevant activities for this client group.
The post holder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet for completing mandatory e-learning.Apply for this position