Care Worker - Part Time - This post is eligible for subsidised ferry travel
Are you looking for a rewarding career that gives you flexibility and a real sense of a job well done. Working within a supportive team, improving the lives of older people could be for you.
Here at Invereck House in Dunoon, we don’t just see those we work with as older people. They’re someone’s mum, someone’s dad, someone’s grandparent. For us, providing the best quality of care is hugely rewarding and our goal is to ensure that every one of our residents enjoys the best possible quality of life.
Something as simple as a smile can make the world of difference to our day, and theirs. If you share our belief, this is your opportunity to join our close-knit and supportive team. It can be pretty challenging at times and priorities can change quickly so you will definitely need to be a patient and understanding individual. We work closely together as a team - though there’s always someone to talk to and we all help each other out wherever we can.
What do you need? You will be required to be registered with Scottish Social Services Council [SSSC] and ideally have an SVQ Level 3 in Social Care. In return, we’ll make sure that you have all the training and development you need, not only so you can do a great job, but to help you build your career with us too.
Salary is pro rata of 38.5 hours per week.
The general task required of Care Worker shall be as follows, but variance in emphasis may occur in particular establishments.
To work within a multi disciplinary team to meet the needs of the service user.
- To act as a key worker for designated service users. Compile, monitor and review care plans in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Assist service users with personal and intimate care.
- Assist service users to access and use any aids and personal equipment that is required.
- Liaise with other appropriate health professionals at times of service users illness or/at the end of life.
- Assist in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users as detailed in individual care plans.
- Ensure that Service Users physical environment is maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure that service users clothing and effects are personalised and maintained to a high standard.
- Assist with monitoring and reviewing Service Users nutritional needs in line with the care plan.
- Answer emergency bells, the door and telephone, and greet visitors in a professional manner.
- Be responsible for reading and writing reports in line with CrossReach’s Policy and Procedures and SSSC codes of conduct.
- Participate in staff and service users meetings as required.
- Work on a rota basis involving weekend and evening work.
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements in line with current policies including risk assessments.
- Undertake any training deemed necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
- Comply with CrossReach financial procedures.
- Reflect Christian love from own Christian experience.
- Uphold and reflect behaviours consistent with the Christian Faith and the CrossReach values.
- Lead daily Christian worship in accordance with CrossReach daily guidelines.
- Provide Christian support to service users and staff if requested.
- Open staff meetings and changeovers with set prayer and bible reading.
- Explain the Christian faith to those who ask.
Ideally you will possess an SVQ 3 in Social Care. If you do not you will be expected to achieve an SVQ 3 in a specified period of time.
You are required to have a Christian faith and be able to work within and uphold our Christian Ethos. (This is a requirement under the Equality Act 2010.)
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
This post requires you to be registered with SSSC and it is your professional responsibility to ensure that you meet the standards & criteria for registration.
Skills and Abilities
The post holder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet for completing mandatory e-learning courses.