Clinical Manager - Part Time - Temporary
CrossReach is searching for a Clinical Manager to work on a job-share basis, leading our Sunflower Garden services.
The demand for professional mental health support in Scotland for Children & Young People has never been higher. Many are struggling and few can afford to pay for professional help.
At Sunflower Garden we recognise that every child and young person is different and our multi-disciplinary team offers a range of interventions including a family outreach service providing therapeutic support in schools alongside individual (and occasionally group), in-house counselling and art therapy.
This role offers you a fantastic opportunity to lead a very well-known and highly regarded specialist service working with families, children and young people affected by parental substance use.
- Do you want to lead a close-knit, professional therapeutic team of staff and volunteers to proactively and ethically respond to clients’ needs?
- Do you want to work in a supportive environment with like-minded peers and managers?
- Are you keen to develop your excellent therapeutic and effective management skills?
- Do you want to develop external relationships to showcase the positive impact that counselling and therapeutic work can have on clients’ lives?
- Do you want to be part of one of Scotland’s largest voluntary social work organisations working closely alongside four other CrossReach Counselling Services based in the East of Scotland?
- Do you want access to an extensive programme of both in house management training and specialist therapeutic training, including Adult Generic, Perinatal Mental Health, Substance Use, Children & Young People, Safeguarding and Workplace Counselling?
You must be prepared to work from home and at our Edinburgh city centre premises on Queen Street and Palmerston Place. At the current time, we are operating a blended model offering services both face-to-face and remotely.
Days of the week to be worked are negotiable but will ideally include a Wednesday for team meetings.
This is a temporary post to provide up to 12 months maternity cover.
Salary is pro rata of 40 hours per week.
The Clinical Manager will have responsibility for the overall clinical management and development of the Service. They will be responsible for achieving the highest professional standards and for ensuring that CrossReach's aims, objectives and standards are met and maintained.
Through Christian leadership, they will ensure that these services reflect CrossReach's Christian ethos and mission statement.
- Provide the necessary leadership to the therapeutic team to ensure the service delivers professional and ethical interventions.
- Create the environment and culture where the therapeutic team deliver and evolve an effective and high quality service that meets client needs.
- Provide appropriate guidance and direction to ensure the service is compliant with the relevant legislative ethical policy and procedural requirements, especially in relation to Child and Adult Protection.
- Ensure the service’s waiting list is appropriately managed, taking account of risk factors while managing client expectations.
- Maintain and develop external relationships that will extend the influence of this service and benefit the client’s needs.
- Maintain a small client caseload to develop and maintain your professional skills, using these to provide effective supervision and act as the point of clinical escalation for the service.
- Embrace and develop internal relationships, capitalising on the available support and ensuring information is shared to allow the effective operation of CrossReach.
- Working in partnership with the internal stakeholders, capitalise on income generation opportunities to achieve a financially sustainable service.
- Match the staff and volunteer expenditure to the clinical service income to enhance the financial performance of the service.
- Maintain and evolve the necessary relationship with training providers to ensure the service has the appropriate supply and mix of resource.
- Ensuring continuity across the service provision and deputising where appropriate for the Managing Coordinator.
- Demonstrate and share Christian love and support including sharing with others the leading of worship in accordance with CrossReach policy and by ensuring all staff meetings are opened with prayer and bible reading.
- Diploma in Counselling or other relevant qualification e.g. Art Therapy and PSA registered or completion of training as a first level Registered Nurse in Mental Health with a currently valid registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council or an Occupational Therapist registered with the Health Professions Council or a qualified Social Worker registered with the Scottish Social Services Council.
- Significant post registration experience, with experience of either working within community mental health and/or addiction services.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- A qualification in training and clinical supervision.
As we do our work in Christ’s name the job you have applied for requires you to have a Christian faith and be able to work within and uphold our Christian Ethos (this is an ongoing occupational requirement under the Equality Act 2010).
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in clinical supervision.
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet.
- Experience of being able to work across a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of supervising staff.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Experience in delivering training