Day Care Worker - Part Time
Are you looking for a rewarding career that gives you flexibility and a real sense of a job well done. Working within a supportive team, improving the lives of older people could be for you.
Here at Clashfarquhar in Stonehaven, we don’t just see those we work with as older people. They’re someone’s mum, someone’s dad, someone’s grandparent. For us, providing the best quality of care is hugely rewarding and our goal is to ensure that every one of our service users enjoys the best possible quality of life.
Something as simple as a smile can make the world of difference to our day, and theirs. If you share our belief, this is your opportunity to join our close-knit and supportive team. It can be pretty challenging at times and priorities can change quickly so you will definitely need to be a patient and understanding individual. We work closely together as a team - though there’s always someone to talk to and we all help each other out wherever we can.
What do you need? Ideally you will have an SVQ Level 3 in Social Care. In return, we’ll make sure that you have all the training and development you need, not only so you can do a great job, but to help you build your career with us too.
The general task required of Care Worker shall be as follows, but variance in emphasis may occur in particular establishments.
To work within a multi disciplinary team to meet the need of the service user.
The main purpose of a day care unit is to support carers with the problems they are faced with in dealing with the confused elderly. To this end we aim to:
- Help carers maintain their relatives in the community for as long as the carer wishes or as long as they are fit to care for them.
- Offer a sympathetic ear to give carers the opportunity to express their feelings and concerns about clients either at the centre or on the telephone.
- Act appropriately, in time of emergency, to help carers cope.
- Present a positive attitude to care. Day care should be thought of as a resource to help in caring.
1. To act as a key worker for designated service users. Compile, monitor and review care plans in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
2. Assist service users with personal and intimate care in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
3. Assist service users to access and use any aids and personal equipment that is required.
4. Assist in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users in the general day to day activities of the centre as detailed in individual care plans.
5. Ensure that service users physical environment is maintained to a high standard.
6. Setting tables, assisting in the preparation and service of snacks, feed clients where necessary, and washing up when appropriate.
7. Maintain quality of life for the clients in the community, for as long as possible, in conjunction with other agencies and carers.
8. Provide a stimulating and enjoyable atmosphere where the emphasis i towards reality orientation, reminiscence therapy, social interaction and always incorporating physical activities if appropriate.
9. Be responsible for reading and writing reports in line with CrossReach’s Policy and Procedures and SSSC codes of conduct.
10. Participate in staff and service users meetings as required.
11. Work on a rota basis involving weekend and evening work.
12. Comply with all Health and Safety requirements in line with current Policies including risk assessments.
13. To undertake any training deemed necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
14. To comply with CrossReach financial procedures.
15. Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
16. Facilitate service users to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice).
Ideally you will possess an SVQ 3 in Social Care. If you do not you will be expected to achieve an SVQ 3 in a specified period of time.
As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
Skills and Abilities
Postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet.