Donor Relations Officer
At CrossReach we’re a charitable organisation that puts people at the heart of everything we do. From caring for older people, children and families and the homeless to supporting those with learning disabilities, we’ve been delivering innovative social care for 150 years. And as one of Scotland’s largest social care providers, we have 65 services and 1,800 employees across the country.
As a member of our Corporate Services team you’ll be helping some of the most vulnerable people in our society live safer, fuller and happier lives. Our values driven culture means we are accepting, respectful and compassionate to both our service users and employees. So, join us and you’ll be part of a professional environment with a range of development opportunities and a generous benefits package. It’s a career that will enhance both your life and the lives of vulnerable people across Scotland.
To support the Donor Relations Manager in achieving agreed outcomes and targets. To provide Campaign, Trading and Communications support to the team. To ensure that fundraising communications are accurate, timely and have quality content.
- Provide support to the team to ensure fundraising campaigns of varying sizes are delivered successfully.
- Devise and plan fundraising campaign themes that engage the general public.
- Plan and deliver engaging communications for donors and work with colleagues to dovetail fundraising messages into CrossReach-wide communications.
- Ensure that donors’ expectations are met through accurate and timely engagement.
- Advise colleagues and other teams of the communications options best suited to fundraising and campaign goals.
- Maintain a record of outgoing campaign communications, response rates and make recommendations on how to improve reach and impact for future communications.
- Update and create online presence to support fundraising activity.
- Conduct detailed research on donor data and communications to ensure that campaigns are targeted, effective, presenting findings in a range of methods.
- Create timely, accurate and appropriate communications in a range of media, including online and by using social media.
- Support the promotion and communication of trading activity (eg Christmas card sales).
- Oversee good practice in managing internal and external campaign communications.
- Adhere to brand guidelines and the fundraising code of conduct.
- Support and attend fundraising, cultivation and stewardship events as needed, providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertake other relevant duties in furtherance of the CrossReach fundraising activity.
- Requirement to travel to other locations on an irregular and ad hoc basis.
- To demonstrate and share Christian love and support including sharing with others the leading of worship in accordance with CrossReach policy and by ensuring all staff meetings are opened with prayer and Bible reading.
Educated to a minimum of HND level in relevant subject.
Qualifications in Communications.
As we do our work in Christ’s name the job you have applied for requires you to have a Christian faith and be able to work within and uphold our Christian Ethos (this is an ongoing occupational requirement under the Equality Act 2010).
Skills and Abilities
- Postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office, some design packages and the internet.
- Previous experience providing support in the area of campaigns and or communications.
- Experience of planning and delivering a communications plan.
- Creative and able to spot opportunities to enhance our fundraising campaigns.
- Team player who will communicate internally and work successfully in partnership with other teams in the organisation.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills: able to schedule and execute crucial tasks, meet deadlines and deliver projects on time.
- Eye for detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills for communicating accurately with a wide audience.
- Experience of working in a fundraising department.
- Experience of using CRM systems such as Raisers Edge.
- Copywriting experience.