Housekeeping Assistant - Part Time
“Much more than just a job. It’s the way that you do it that matters.”
- Work with a friendly, supportive team
- Contribute to a positive environment
- Be an important part of our daily lives
Here at Budhmor House in Portree, we don’t just see those we work with as older people. They’re someone’s mum. Someone’s dad. Someone’s grandparent. For us, providing the best quality of care is hugely rewarding and our goal is to ensure that every one of our residents enjoys the best possible quality of life.
Your job is important here and it’s something that everyone notices right from the start. There are three different areas within this role that will include working in the kitchen, laundry and in the house. You will definitely be working as part of a close-knit team where your positive approach to maintaining a good standard of housekeeping will be valued.
If you’ve worked in a care setting before that’s great, but we’re more interested in how you’d help us continue to make our residents lives as pleasant as possible. And if you’re interested, we’ll make sure that you have all the training and development you need, not only so you can do a great job, but to help you build your career with us too.
You can also look forward to a benefits package that includes an employer contributory pension and generous holiday allowance.
We have both 30.00 and 20.00 hours per week available, please state on your application form how many hours you would like to work in the Relevant Information section.
Salary is pro rata of 38.5 hours per week.
As a member of the staff team the Housekeeping Assistant’s role is to help ensure that the service user’s life is made as pleasant as possible, through ensuring that all parts of the unit are kept in a clean and hygienic state.
1. To ensure the level of cleanliness throughout the property complies with CrossReach standards.
2. To assist other staff members in all aspects of housekeeping, as directed by senior staff.
3. To work at times as directed by a senior member of staff, or on a rota system.
4. To assist service users in maintaining their personals space within the unit, as directed by a senior member of staff, and in accordance with the service user’s personal plans.
5. To assist new staff in acquiring knowledge and skills related to housekeeping tasks.
6. To attend and participate in staff meetings.
7. To participate in staff training.
8. To undertake appropriate Health & Safety training.
9. To participate in the evaluation of standards within the service.
10. To ensure that the housekeeping tasks are completed satisfactorily and in a manner which complies with CrossReach’s standards.
11. Be aware of issues in relation to control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH)
12. The post holder will be expected to undertake other relevant and reasonable duties as required by senior management.
Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
Skills and Abilities
No direct experience is necessary although work in a previous care setting would be an advantage.
The postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet.