Night Support Worker
- Build strong, direct relationships with your clients and team
- Gain valuable experience working in a social care environment
- Great job satisfaction
Every day at Threshold Housing and Residential our team provides a wide range of support to people with learning disabilities. We help them to lead ordinary lives, participating in their local communities and activities of their choice. This means creating a safe, secure and supportive environment and empowering them to take charge of their own lives and live life to the full.
Something as simple as a smile can make the world of difference to our day, and theirs. If you share our belief, this is your opportunity to join our close-knit and supportive team. It can be pretty challenging at times and priorities can change quickly so you will definitely need to be a patient and understanding individual. We work closely together as a team - though there’s always someone to talk to and we all help each other out wherever we can.
What do you need? You will be required to be registered with Scottish Social Services Council [SSSC] and ideally have an SVQ Level 3 in Social Care. In return, we’ll make sure that you have all the training and development you need, not only so you can do a great job, but to help you build your career with us too.
To provide wakeful night duty cover in the home.
As a member of the staff team the night support worker, operating without direct supervision, will be responsible for meeting the support and care needs of the service users. They will be expected to deliver the highest professional standards of social care practice ensuring CrossReach's aims, objectives and quality standards are met and maintained.
- Carry out a regular check on service users at intervals determined by the Managing Co-ordinator, with due regard to residents' privacy.
- Carry out regular health and safety checks on tenancies with reference to fire prevention, security and personal safety following individual personal support plans.
- Answer call system, assess the situation, support tenants requiring help, and summon the senior care staff on call where necessary.
- Assist residents with support needs as identified in personal plan.
- Undertake domestic duties which may include laundry/ironing, dusting and cleaning as directed.
- To exercise responsibility for answering the 24 hour emergency telephone line.
- To participate in staff meetings and in training activities as required.
- Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
- Facilitate Service User’s to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice as required by the role).
Essential: An SVQ Level 3 qualification.
As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
This post requires you to be registered with SSSC and it is your professional responsibility to ensure that you meet the standards and criteria for registration.
Skills and Abilities
Essential: Postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet.Apply for this position