CrossReach Counselling East provides a wide range of therapeutic support and counselling for individuals or couples. Anyone can contact us for therapeutic support for any life challenge they may be facing. We also have a specialist experience in working with children and young people, those affected by substance use and with those expecting a baby, or with an infant up to two year's old. Support is delivered from our two city centre premises at Queen Street and Palmerston Place as well as over the phone and online.
As part of the Business Support team, you will provide essential administrative support to the clinical services and clients.
"Working as Relief Admin at CrossReach offered me so many benefits that I hadn't found in other roles; the hours were flexible, the team and all the staff were beyond welcoming and helped me gain a sense of confidence I've never had before. Our manager (Claire) helped me develop my current skills, develop new ones and encouraged me to explore aspects of the role that interested me most - to specialise and develop further. The team helped me achieve my goals, whilst I was able to support the team and services in various ways. The support given was outstanding and helped pave the way to an entirely new career which I absolutely love." Team Member
To support the Business Support Manager and senior team ensuring efficiency in all administrative and clerical areas, within well defined procedures and under supervision.
- To process invoices timeously in line with CrossReach’s financial procedures.
- To manage the service’s petty cash.
- To accurately record the service’s income and expenditure in the format detailed in CrossReach’s financial procedures.
- To provide the Business Support Manager with up-to-date information on the service’s budget.
- To work with the senior team to ensure that employee timesheets are submitted within the specified deadlines.
- To complete monthly reconciliations and submit them to the Finance Section within the agreed timescale.
- To regularly complete the service’s banking transactions.
- To process expenses through the Finance Section.
- To process donations as set out in CrossReach’s procedures.
- To liaise with external agencies such as the Council, Social Work Department or lawyers as required to carry out the duties of the role.
- To photocopy documents as requested by the senior team.
- To establish and efficiently maintain a filing system, ensuring that all filing is kept up-to-date.
- To provide reception service when required. Where appropriate, deal with enquiry from, and provide information to, visitors or callers to the service.
- To draft and type, minutes, reports and letters as required by staff within the senior team.
- To deal with Service Users queries, involving their Key Worker if necessary.
- To deal with requests for application packs, issuing application packs and making the necessary arrangements for interviews in line with CrossReach’s procedures.
- To open and sort mail and frank and post the service’s mail on a daily basis.
- To manage the distribution of stock within the service and when required re-order stock through CrossReach’s recognised suppliers.
- To maintain information leaflets on the service, ensuring that they are in the corporate style.
- To accurately maintain employee and client records as requested by a member of the senior team including staff rotas.
- To carry out administration for training courses, other events and the letting of rooms including collecting fees.
- To allocate rooms for counselling, supervision, training and other requirements.
- To organise meetings as required by the senior team taking responsibility for organising diaries, booking venues, making travel arrangements and when required taking minutes.
- To communicate with staff within the service or in Regional and Head Offices when necessary to seek or pass on information.
- Any other duties which may reasonably fall within the parameters of the post.
Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
This post requires you to complete a Standard Disclosure and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
To attend training courses when required, to allow the post holder to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience of working with financial information and a sound understanding of Financial procedures as they relate to the job.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft packages, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc).
- Accurate typing skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and work within agreed deadlines.
- Be able to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation as well as people from external agencies.
- Good organisational skills.
- A warm and friendly manner, as well as a professional attitude, as the post holder will have contact with service users, their carers and other professionals.