Could you be a team member providing service users with a pleasant homely environment?
Your job is important and it’s something that everyone notices right from the start. Working as part of the close-knit team you will be responsible for the upkeep of the building, escort tradesmen when they are in the building and ensure our service vehicles are maintained.
If you’ve worked in a care setting before that’s great, but we’re more interested in how you’d help us continue to make our residents lives as pleasant as possible. And if you’re interested, we’ll make sure that you have all the training and development you need, not only so you can do a great job, but to help you build your career with us too.
You can also look forward to a benefits package that includes an employer contributory pension.
To work as part of the staff team liaising with manager and senior staff in relation to the upkeep of the building and grounds with particular regard to the efficient function of boiler room and geothermal installations.
It should be noted that not all aspects of the Job description will apply to each and every unit.
Duties within the Garden will be seasonal and tasks will vary season to season.
1. Maintenance of paths driveways and any garden equipment ensuring that all matters in relation to health and safety are adhered to.
2. Ensure that paths driveways are cleared of ice/snow and/or leaves (seasonal).
3. To have a working knowledge of different plants and care off vegetable and flowers.
4. Maintain vegetable and flower gardens/plots.
5. Report any issues in relation to the walls or fencing that may require action and/or repair.
6. Be aware of risks in relation to Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
7. Maintenance of lawn.
1. Keep records in relation to property maintenance.
2. Escort tradesmen when they are in the building.
3. Advise manager, or deputy, of any work that may be required.
4. Participate in Health and Safety training.
5. Assist with moving of furniture and/or equipment in accordance with health and safety.
6. Carry out minor repairs within the individual’s capability.
1. Ensure that weekly check of vehicle is carried out.
2. Ensure that any routine and emergency maintenance is carried out.
3. Ensure that the vehicle has a valid MOT and any hoists or lifts have the appropriate maintenance carried out.
4. Ensure all documentation is kept up to date.
To be involved in monitoring of quality within the unit.
This job description is not exhaustive and other duties may be required.
Driving licence – desirable
Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
You will be required to participate in the organisation’s supervision and appraisal system.
This post requires you to either complete a Disclosure or be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
Skills and Abilities
The postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet for completing mandatory e-learning courses.
The post requires a high degree of flexibility and previous experience of working in an engineering or construction related position would be an advantage.