Relief Training Officer
At CrossReach we offer loving care to people of all ages who are in need of a helping hand, supporting them to live life to the full whatever their circumstances.
We have an opportunity for an experienced person to provide ad hoc training in CrossReach Management Development and/or Employee Development courses across Scotland. What do you need? You will have a relevant qualification at degree level (or equivalent) or experience related to HR/Training plus the commitment to ongoing CPD.
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including an employer contributory pension, healthcare scheme and generous holiday allowance.
To provide on an ad-hoc basis, training in CrossReach Management Development and/or Employee Development courses.
- To deliver CrossReach Employee Development and/or Management Training in line with our ethos and values.
- To support in the monitoring and evaluation of courses through ensuring the relevant course evaluations are completed.
- To provide feedback to the People Development Advisor to inform the training design and delivery of courses.
- To communicate as required and respond to communication from People Development Administrators in relation to course attendance and deliver of training courses.
- Reflect Christian love from own Christian experience.
- Uphold and reflect behaviours consistent with the Christian Faith and the CrossReach values.
- Lead daily Christian worship in accordance with CrossReach daily guidelines.
- Provide Christian support to service users and staff if requested.
- Open staff meetings and changeovers with set prayer and bible reading.
- Explain the Christian faith to those who ask.
A relevant degree/diploma/other appropriate HR/training related qualification/ relevant professional qualification or qualification by experience.
Commitment to ongoing CPD particularly in the area of training and development.
As we do our work in Christ’s name the job you have applied for requires you to have a Christian faith and be able to work within and uphold our Christian Ethos. This is an Occupational Requirement under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.
This post requires you to complete a Standard Disclosure and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
Willingness to travel throughout Scotland including some overnight stays to deliver training.
Skills and Abilities
Previous experience in training Managers and employees in generic training courses.
Good computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet.
Experience gained in a social care or similar setting.