“Much more than just a job. It’s the way that you do it that matters.”
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Great job satisfaction
- Good team-working
Here at Budhmor House in Portree, we don’t just see those we work with as older people. They’re someone’s mum, someone’s dad, someone’s grandparent. For us, providing the best quality of care is hugely rewarding and our goal is to ensure that every one of our residents enjoys the best possible quality of life.
Your primary function will be to manage the existing residential service and, if appropriate, the respite and day care service. You will also have management and supervisory responsibility for all staff within Budhmor House, enabling them to work as a close-knit team. To succeed you’ll have an SVQ Level 4 or equivalent in Social Care and be prepared to work towards an SVQ Management qualification. You'll also possess effective decision making skills and ideally experience of supervising other staff. In return we offer every support for your professional development and a benefits package that includes an employer contributory pension and generous holiday allowance.
Manage the existing residential service and, if appropriate, the respite and day care service.
- Establish and maintain quality standards.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction of CrossReach.
- Be involved in new service development to meet the needs in your locality.
- Liaise and develop partnerships throughout CrossReach and across outside agencies.
- Deputise for the Head of Service if required.
- Have overall management and supervisory responsibilities for all staff in the Unit.
- Manage the Unit budget within its defined parameters and carry out regular financial checks.
- Be responsible for personnel management including; recruitment, selection and retainment: including implementation of staff terms and conditions and absence management.
- Maintain staff records and ensure organisational personnel policies are implemented.
- Be responsible for the administration of Health and Safety Policies and risk assessment.
- Produce staffing rotas to provide optimum cover to meet the needs of service users.
- Reflect Christian love from own Christian experience.
- Uphold and reflect behaviours consistent with the Christian Faith and the CrossReach values.
- Lead daily Christian worship in accordance with CrossReach daily guidelines.
- Provide Christian support to service users and staff if requested.
- Open staff meetings and changeovers with set prayer and bible reading.
- Explain the Christian faith to those who ask.
ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN QUALITY STANDARDS
Promote best practice in line with organisational and national standards and current legislation.
Ensure relevant policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
In conjunction with the Head of Service, evaluate and implement where necessary, requirements from Care Commission reports.
In line with internal quality assurance, produce a quality improvement plan for the service.
Participate in the CrossReach-wide annual benchmarking exercise.
Be responsible for the development and training of all staff to the level required for their post. Ensure all new staff complete their induction workbooks/programme.
Monitor and act upon all accident/incident complaint reports and records.
If required, assess the Deputy Manager at SVQ 4 and Care Workers at SVQ 3.
Contribute to the overall strategic direction of the organisation through membership of the team and involvement in the strategic planning process.
Ensure strategic aims and objectives are cascaded effectively through all relevant stakeholders and ensure all are actively involved in contributing to the process.
Implement and maintain the strategic aims and objectives of CrossReach.
Produce an Annual Report and a strategic plan for the service.
DEVELOPMENT OF NEW SERVICE NEEDS WITHIN THE LOCALITY
Identify needs and service provision locally through discussion with staff, service users and networking with other agencies.
Participate in the development of proposals for change in conjunction with planning staff taking into account professional and legislative requirements.
Take the lead in implementing the service development plan.
LIAISE AND DEVELOP PARTNERSHIPS THROUGHOUT CROSSREACH AND WITH OTHER AGENCIES
Develop and maintain good links with other agencies.
Represent CrossReach/Service on inter-agency groups or workshops.
Encourage the development and marketing of the services of CrossReach through deputations and talks.
You will be supervised by the Head of Service.
Through supervision you will identify any training needs to enable you to perform to the required standard of a service manager.
Produce a personal development plan in consultation with your Head of Service.
Keep abreast of current issues and developments relevant to the service through reading and attendance at conferences/training courses.
You will attend a senior staff induction course.
You will work in accordance with SSSC codes of practice.
Ideally you will possess an SVQ Level 4 in Social Care or equivalent. If you do not currently hold this level of qualification you will be expected to achieve SVQ Level 4 within a specified period of time. You will also be required to hold a Management Qualification or working towards as per the SSSC guidelines.
As we do our work in Christ’s name the job you have applied for requires you to have a Christian faith and be able to work within and uphold our Christian Ethos. This is an Occupational Requirement under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
This post requires you to be registered with SSSC and it is your professional responsibility to ensure that you meet the standards and criteria for registration.
Skills and Abilities
The postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet for completing mandatory e-learning courses.