Support Worker - Part Time - Temporary
The people who use our services tell us we’ve changed their lives. Our employees tell us they’re supported, enthusiastic and have opportunities to develop meaningful careers. We’re looking for someone great to join our team.
Our staff have come from all walks of life; some have a faith and some don’t. We don’t want you to be a cog in a wheel. We want you to bring your skills and experience either from the care sector or gained elsewhere – we know they are transferable. Your journey won’t stop there though as, using the strengths of a large diverse organisation, we’ll support you to develop new skills and qualifications and give you the opportunities to put them into practice.
We’re all about the people we support. We want them to achieve the highest quality of life they can and you’ll be more important in that than you know. You’ll need to be able to discern the person behind the behaviour and be able to develop strong supportive relationships with colleagues
There’s space to be creative and find ways to help the people who use our services achieve their goals so when you see a problem you’ll need to have the heart to fix it.
Salary is pro rata of 38.5 hours per week. This is a temporary post for a minimum of three months.
To work as a team member providing a high level of care which is appropriate to the needs of the client within the residential and day care setting. The general tasks required of a Support Worker shall be as follows, but some variations in emphasis may occur in particular residential units.
- Involvement in the general day to day care of clients as determined by the Service Leader.
- Seek to acquire appropriate working knowledge of the needs of clients and make contributions on this basis.
- Contribute to the setting up of Personal Support Plans in respect of each client through careful observation, assessment and writing up of Personal Support Plans and implementation of the same under the management of Senior Staff members. This involves fulfilment of the role of a Key worker.
- Work on a rota basis involving day, evening and overnight cover.
- Contribute to case conferences and other meeting and the compiling of appropriate reports for all such meetings, including reviews.
- Involvement in such other Professional duties as determined by the Service Leader.
- Undertake any training essential to your professional development in fulfilling the role of Support Worker as determine by management.
- Participate in regular supervision with Service Leader.
- Welcome families and visitors or clients and also encourage mutual contact with the clients (where it is in the best interest of the Client).
- Administration and recording of medication to Clients.
- Participation in Staff/Team meetings as determined by management.
- Accompany Clients to appointments as agreed with Service Leader.
- Assisting Clients where necessary in reading and writing skills.
- Encourage Clients to maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and attend primary health care etc as required.
- Assist Clients to develop Independent Living Skills to maintain their self-esteem.
- Assist Clients to make good use of their free time in recreational pursuits, hobbies or further education.
- To undertake other duties as may reasonably fall within the parameters of the Support Worker post as delegated by the Managing coordinator/ Service Leader.
- Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
- Facilitate service users to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice).
An SVQ Level 3 qualification is essential.
As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
This post requires you to be registered with SSSC and it is your professional responsibility to ensure that you meet the standards and criteria for registration.
Skills and Abilities
Previous experience in Social Care/Residential Care and working within a Criminal Justice Field.