A purpose-built residential home for older people, located in a quiet area of Portree.
Budhmor provides accommodation for up to 27 older people in single rooms. Eleven of our rooms are currently en-suite, and we are upgrading our facilities all the time.
9.00 am - 5.30 pm (Monday - Friday)
Arrange a visit
Call 01478 612012
Your Individual Care Plan
When you come to live at Budhmor, you will be allocated a named Key Worker who is responsible for making sure the care we provide meets your needs and aspirations. Together you will put together a Care Plan, which is regularly checked and updated.
Family and friends are always welcome at Budhmor House as they make a valid contribution to the life of the home. Members of the Relatives Group accompany residents on regular social outings.
We encourage our residents to maintain links with their existing communities, whether continuing or developing new community interests. Budhmor House Friends Group is active in promoting the home and fundraising.
Respite care is offered subject to availability of rooms.
There is a varied programme of activities which includes:
- Reminiscence Group
- Music and Movement
- Discussion Groups
- Indoor Gardening
- Entertainment by local artistes
- Outings to places of interest
- Regular worship and spiritual guidance provided by Budhmor’s chaplain and local ministers
- Fortnightly visits by local GPs (also on call when required)
- Visits from community nurses, chiropodist and dentist as required
- Annual optician visit
- A weekly shop run by the WRVS within the home
- A hairdressing service
- Many of our staff speak or understand Gaelic
Questions about costs, admissions or arranging a visit?
Call us on 01478 612012