Welcome to our Perinatal Counselling and Therapy Service, Edinburgh
Confidential Perinatal Counselling and Therapy for anyone suffering due to pregnancy or early parenthood.
We are here to help you and your family:
- Anyone expecting a baby or living with a child under 2 can face challenges
- Sometimes these challenges lead to difficult feelings and make it hard to cope
- Our Specialist Perinatal Counselling Team is ready to support you
- By telephone or via a secure video platform
- Or join one of our counselling or art therapy groups
- You are not alone. Get in touch.
For further details about how to request counselling and about our Specialist Group work, please continue reading and click here to view the leaflet.
9.00 am - 5.00 pm (Monday - Friday)
Arrange a visit
Call 0131 538 7288
Miriam Coutts, Counselling Manager / Dawn McMechan, Créche Manager
How to request counselling
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with these details and our team will contact you to go through the support we can offer and answer any questions:
- Your full name
- If you are referring someone else, their full name and your relationship to them
- If you are interested in our donation-based or fixed-fee service
- A brief description of why you are looking for support
Appointments are usually weekly and last around 50 minutes. We will discuss the day, time and frequency of these sessions with you when we first meet.
We consider different types of support that might suit you, from one-to-one psychotherapy or couples counselling, to perinatal relaxation, art therapy and infant massage. We also offer Women’s Therapy Groups, Fathers’ Groups and Family Therapy, as we recognise that perinatal difficulties can affect the whole family.
Our donation-based and fixed-fee service
Our services are offered on a donation basis. At the start of your therapy, we will ask you if you can make a contribution towards your counselling. Ability to pay will never be a barrier to accessing support. For a donation client, the estimated waiting time for the initial assessment is around 4 – 6 weeks and the time to begin counselling will vary. We will keep in touch to let you know.
If you wish to be seen sooner, you can choose our Fixed Fee service, and one of our team will contact you within 5 – 7 working days to arrange an appointment. To find out more about this option please contact the team via email.
Our Perinatal Service operates from two sites in Edinburgh and remotely.
- 52 Queen Street, EH2 3NS
- 8A Palmerston Place, EH12 5AA
Our Specialist Perinatal Group Work:
- Perinatal Mental Health Support with Juno: A peer support group for mum and mums-to-be, every Monday. Click on the link for further details.
- Pregnancy Support Group: Whatever stage of pregnancy you are at, you can join the group and connect with our perinatal specialists and other pregnant mothers going through the same things as you. Click on the link for further details.
- Managing Perinatal Anxiety Using Self-Compassion: We run a friendly, supportive perinatal counselling group to help you learn how to support yourself and your baby. The Group meets at the same time each week for 10 weeks. The next Group is due to start after the summer. Click on the link for further details.
- Art Therapy Group for new mothers: Art therapy is a form of psychotherapy, facilitated by a professionally trained Art Therapist. The group is for mothers with a child of up to two years who have been struggling with anxiety or other feelings such as low self-esteem and shame. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Online Infant Massage: Baby massage is a gentle way to strengthen the bond between you and your baby. Each session lasts for an hour via a secure online video platform. No more than three mothers will attend each session and will be supported by our Specialist Practitioner, sharing the nurturing benefits of infant massage. Each group will meet over 5 weeks from our Perinatal Edinburgh Team and one from our Bluebell Perinatal Glasgow Team. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Postnatal Depression group: a therapy group for mums with babies under 2 facilitated by two experienced therapists.
CrossReach Perinatal Service has gained COSCA Recognition and adheres to its Statement of Ethics and Code of Practice. All our practitioners are either, qualified and registered with a PSA-recognised professional body, or in the process of gaining their qualification. The PSA, or Professional Standards Authority, assesses organisations that register health and social care practitioners (e.g. BACP, COSCA, BAAT, UKCP) so that you can choose a practitioner to meet your needs with confidence.