We provide Continuing Professional Development (CPD) placements for counsellors who would like to develop their experience in working with people who are affected by drug use. Please be aware that the clients of our service have experienced significant trauma. Therefore we would be more suitable as a second placement for those who already have at least 100 counselling hours of experience or who can bring with them previous experience in working with trauma and people affected by drug use.
An extensive programme of certificated in-house training, on a range of issues including working with:
- People who use substances
- Adult & child protection concerns within counselling
We also offer:
- Public liability and personal accident insurance during approved and authorised placement work
- A supportive working environment
- Peer mentoring to develop you as a counsellor
- Experience working in the field of addiction
Can you offer:
- A minimum of 3 client hours a week and related administration time?
- Commitment of 18 to 36 months?
- A genuine desire to work with people affected by addiction and trauma?
- Are you working toward or have a diploma in counselling or equivalent training and experience?
- Do you have at least 100 counselling hours experience or experience in working with trauma and substance use?
We recruit volunteer counsellors once or twice a year.