CrossReach Counselling offer a range of training courses, all delivered by experienced practitioners, many of whom have a Diploma in Training and Development and are COSCA accredited. To find out more about any of our courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CrossReach Perinatal Mental Health Training
Perinatal mental health challenges, including anxiety and depression, affect a significant number of men and women during pregnancy and beyond. CrossReach has developed training specifically for practitioners to further develop their skills in working with those affected by perinatal mental health challenges. Our Perinatal Mental Health Training can be delivered in person or online.
Understanding Perinatal Mental Health
• A course designed for health professionals, support workers and anyone working with expectant parents and families with young children
• 3.5 hour programme
• CPD certificates provided
• Packs with the latest information on Perinatal Mental health provided to participants on completion of the training
• Individuals can apply directly to attend this course or we can deliver training to your organisation (9 to 15 participants per training session)
Working with Perinatal Mood Disorders – A Counselling Skills Approach.
• For those who have completed Understanding Perinatal Mood Disorders training and who work directly with parents and families during the perinatal period
• 20 hour online Counselling Skills-based communication programme for up to 15 participants
• 5 x 3.5 hour sessions delivered over 5 weeks, with additional online training as a blended part of the programme
• Please note that all participants must have previously completed the Understanding Perinatal Mood Disorder course to be accepted on to this course
• Individuals can apply or we can deliver training to your organisation (9 to 15 participants per training session)
For more information, including course costs, venues and dates please email email@example.com
COSCA Counselling Skills Certificate
This is a professionally recognised qualification in counselling skills, useful to all those working with people.
It also provides an excellent starting point for those who wish to train as a counsellor or psychotherapist.
During this course, you’ll develop your self-awareness and counselling skills to use in your work or volunteering. The 4 module course is a professionally recognised qualification and provides 40 SCQF credits at Level 8.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to the most asked questions about the COSCA Counselling Skills Certificate course can be found at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=4znJuOXyQ8g
0:07 – Who are the Tom Allan Centre and the trainers?
0:26 – What are the courses like?
0:40 – Who are the trainers?
1:17 – Is this course for you?
1:42 – What can I expect from the course?
2:10 – What is the structure of the course?
2:31 – When is the course running?
2:46 – How much does the course cost and is there an early bird rate?
3:37 – Can you defer for 1 or more modules?
3:54 – What happens if I can’t finish the course?
4:14 – What happens if I miss a day?
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org
COSCA Certificate in Counselling Supervision & Supervision Skills
This is a professionally recognised supervision qualification and useful to all counsellors wanting to become supervisors or counselling skills practitioners already working as supervisors who seek to develop their skills and understanding.
Written by COSCA, this is a two part, student-centred experiential course. There’s an interactive mix of skills training and practice, small group work, tutor input and large group discussion, with a focus on increasing personal and professional growth and self-awareness.
COSCA’s Certificate in Counselling Supervision Skills (Part 1) is 10 SCQF credits at SCQF level 9. COSCA’s Certificate in Counselling Supervision (Part 2) (for qualified counsellors only) has been awarded an additional 5 SCQF credits at SCQF level 9.
To find out more, view our latest e-leaflet.
To apply, scan the QR code or apply here:
For more information, get in touch: