Care Worker - Part Time, Evenings & Weekends - Scotland
Are you looking for a rewarding career that gives you flexibility and a real sense of a job well done? Working within a supportive team, improving the lives of older people could be for you.
Working for CrossReach can provide opportunities for training, personal development and career progression. Our welcoming team will support you to achieve an SVQ level 3 in Social services and Health Care and open the door to other development opportunities.
We all have something in common, that is we will all grow older. In CrossReach we want to ensure that those who need a service are surrounded by people who want to care and can help to bring a smile to someone brightening their day, improving their quality of life.
This work can be challenging as well as fulfilling. As an organisation your wellbeing is important to us. We have benefits package which includes a generous pension.
We are looking to recruit full time and part time Care Workers throughout Scotland, please submit an application form putting in the number of hours per week you wish to work in the Relevant Information section and we will send your application form to your local Crossreach service for consideration.
The part time salary is pro rata of 38.5 hours per week.
The general task required of Care Worker shall be as follows, but variance in emphasis may occur in particular establishments.
To work within a multi disciplinary team to meet the needs of the service user.
1. To act as a key worker for designated service users. Compile, monitor and review care plans in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
2. Assist service users with personal and intimate care.
3. Assist service users to access and use any aids and personal equipment that is required.
4. Liaise with other appropriate health professionals at times of service users illness or/at the end of life.
5. Assist in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users as detailed in individual care plans.
6. Ensure that Service Users physical environment is maintained to a high standard.
7. Ensure that service users clothing and effects are personalised and maintained to a high standard.
8. Assist with monitoring and reviewing Service Users nutritional needs in line with the care plan.
9. Answer emergency bells, the door and telephone, and greet visitors in a professional manner.
10. Be responsible for reading and writing reports in line with CrossReach’s Policy and Procedures and SSSC codes of conduct.
11. Participate in staff and service users meetings as required.
12. Work on a rota basis involving weekend and evening work.
13. Comply with all Health and Safety requirements in line with current policies including risk assessments.
14. Undertake any training deemed necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
15. Comply with CrossReach financial procedures.
16. Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship
17. Facilitate service users to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice as required by the role).
Ideally you will possess an SVQ 3 in Social Care. If you do not you will be expected to achieve an SVQ 3 in a specified period of time.
As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
This post requires you to be registered with SSSC and it is your professional responsibility to ensure that you meet the standards and criteria for registration.
Skills and Abilities
The post holder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet for completing mandatory e-learning courses.Apply for this position