Play-based interventions designed to improve the lives and life chances of children under 8.
At The Daisy Chain Early Years Project, we use a whole range of activities to promote attachment between parent and child. We use play, literacy-based activities and creative arts, we can ensure these children are Safe, Healthy, Included, Nurtured and Engaged (SHINE).
9.00 am - 5.00 pm (Monday - Thursday)
Arrange a visit
Call 0141 423 1250
Liann Weir (Managing Coordinator)
There are lots of opportunities for you to get involved:
- Come and Play – play sessions for parent and child
- Sunflower Group – therapy for children affected by substance misuse and other family issues
- After-School Support Programme – additional support with homework, self-esteem and confidence
- Loc de Juaca – ‘a place to play' and help with social inclusion for the Romanian Roma community
- Growing Dads – play sessions for local dads with children under 5, in partnership with HomeStart Glasgow South
- Baby Massage – six sessions for parents and pre-crawling babies
- Mums Support Group – a small group for local mums to meet for peer support
- Young Parent Support Group – support and activities for school-age parents and their young children, in partnership with Smithycroft School.
- ESOL cafe – an opportunity for local families to develop their English language skills while children's activities are provided. A partnership between CrossReach, Govanhill Community Development Trust, Glasgow Clyde College, Glasgow Life, The Well Multicultural Advice Centre and The Space.
- STEPS programme – confidence building for local parents, in partnership with HomeStart Glasgow South
- Mellow Parenting – a 14 week programme giving an opportunity for parents to meet together and explore parenting techniques, challenges and successes
Questions about session times, referrals or availability?
Call us on 0141 423 1250