A non-judgemental space to explore thoughts and feelings about issues that matter to you.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update 1st September 2020:
As the world continues to grapple with the effects of COVID-19, social distancing is necessary to slow the spread of the virus and keep our communities safe. For this reason, in line with Government advice, CrossReach Counselling has taken the difficult decision to temporarily close its counselling centres until there is less risk to public health.
Regretfully, our offices are still temporarily closed to limit the spread of the virus. However, we are working remotely with our existing clients and those on our waiting list, and are constantly reviewing our ability to take on new referrals so please keep checking this page for an update.
There are a number of online spaces filled with tips and advice on being as healthy as we can during this unprecedented time.
- Mind have produced information to help people cope with the worry and anxiety about coronavirus. Visit mind.org.uk for further information
- The Mental Health Foundation have developed some key tips to help people look after their mental health during this unprecedented time:
- Avoid speculation and focus on reputable news sources
- Try to stay connected. We encourage you to reach out by phone and online to those around you so we can all support each other.
- Manage how you follow the outbreak in the media. Try to avoid surrounding yourself with 24/7 updates
For more details, visit mentalhealth.org.uk.
For those in urgent need of support please contact:
Breathing Space Helpline : 0800 83 85 87
The Samaritans: 116 123 www.thesamaritans.org
Sometimes we find it difficult to cope with our day-to-day lives, which may be due to current circumstances or issues from our past. It can be possible to resolve these issues on our own or with the help of friends, but occasionally it is useful to talk to a trained counsellor who is impartial and objective.
Counselling is a chance to explore issues in a safe and confidential environment. You and your counsellor can work together, at your own pace, towards your goals. We are members of https://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/.
Here are the services we offer: