Counselling lets you explore issues, experiences and feelings with someone who is trained to listen.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update:
As the world continues to grapple with the effects of COVID-19, social distancing is necessary to slow the spread of the virus and keep our communities safe. For this reason, in line with Government advice, CrossReach Counselling has taken the difficult decision to temporarily close its counselling centres until there is less risk to public health. We are unable to take any further referrals at this time. We are advising all current clients and clients on our waiting lists of the situation. We have interim steps in place to support our most high risk and vulnerable clients.
Many people are already self-isolating and most of us are feeling overwhelmed and anxious about the sudden and significant changes that are happening in our own country and across the world. There are a number of online spaces filled with tips and advice on being as healthy as we can during this unprecedented time.
- Mind have produced information to help people cope with the worry and anxiety about coronavirus. Visit mind.org.uk for further information
- The Mental Health Foundation have developed some key tips to help people look after their mental health during this unprecedented time:
- Avoid speculation and focus on reputable news sources
- Try to stay connected. We encourage you to reach out by phone and online to those around you so we can all support each other.
- Manage how you follow the outbreak in the media. Try to avoid surrounding yourself with 24/7 updates
For more details, visit mentalhealth.org.uk.
For those in urgent need of support please contact:
Breathing Space Helpline : 0800 83 85 87
The Samaritans: 116 123 www.thesamaritans.org
We will let you know as soon as our CrossReach Counselling doors can reopen. Thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented time.
So many things can upset a person’s emotional and mental wellbeing. Abuse, anger, bereavement, bullying, family breakdown, relationship issues, stress and feelings of anxiety or depression around having a baby – they can all hold you back from living life to the full.
We’re here to support you and your family as you work through your difficulties, find answers and reach a place of calm and stability.
Here are the services we offer: