Relief Care Worker
“Much more than just a job. It’s the way that you do it that matters.”
- Start a career in the care sector
- Ongoing training and career development
Here at Adams House in Elderslie, we don’t just see those we work with as older people. They’re someone’s mum, someone’s dad, someone’s grandparent. For us, providing the best quality of care is hugely rewarding and our goal is to ensure that every one of our residents enjoys the best possible quality of life.
Something as simple as a smile can make the world of difference to our day, and theirs. If you share our belief, this is your opportunity to join our close-knit and supportive team. It can be pretty challenging at times and priorities can change quickly so you will definitely need to be a patient and understanding individual. We work closely together as a team - though there’s always someone to talk to and we all help each other out wherever we can.
What do you need? You will be required to be registered with Scottish Social Services Council [SSSC] and ideally have an SVQ Level 3 in Social Care.
The general task required of Relief Care Worker shall be as follows, but variance in emphasis may occur in particular establishments.
To work within a multi disciplinary team to meet the need of the service user.
1. Assist service users with personal and intimate care.
2. Assist service users to access and use any aids and personal equipment that is required.
3. Liaise with other appropriate health professionals at times of service users illness or/at the end of life.
4. Assist in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users as detailed in individual care plans.
5. Ensure that service users physical environment is maintained to a high standard.
6. Ensure that service users clothing and effects are personalised and maintained to a high standard.
7. Assist with monitoring and reviewing service users nutritional needs in line with the care plan.
8. Answer emergency bells, the door and telephone, and greet visitors in a professional manner.
9. Be responsible for reading and writing reports in line with CrossReach’s Policy and Procedures and SSSC codes of conduct.
10. Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
11. Facilitate service users to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice).
Ideally you will possess an SVQ 3 in Social Care. If you do not you will be expected to achieve an SVQ 3 in a specified period of time.
As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
This post requires you to be registered with SSSC and it is your professional responsibility to ensure that you meet the standards & criteria for registration.
Skills and Abilities
The postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet for completing mandatory e-learning courses.Apply for this position