Children’s Worker - Part Time - Temporary
“A smile that says it all.”
- Fun and nurturing environment
- Relationship based approach
- Positive and supportive team
- Comprehensive benefits package
Here at Go2 in Glasgow we provide a friendly, welcoming and safe environment for children and young people who need support. Our focus is on building their self-esteem and confidence, and in doing so we can be rewarded with something special – a smile that says it all.
Surrounding this child-focused approach are the ideas, nurture and commitment of our team. Now’s your opportunity to join us providing 1:1 community based support for children and young adults aged 7-25 with additional and complex needs. As you’ll work with parents and guardians too, strong communication skills are really important, along with an understanding of some of the issues they may be facing.
Our team is close-knit and supportive. That support is also there from senior management. Quite simply, nothing gets in the way of us making sure that every child enjoys the best possible care and reaches their full potential. Ideally you have experience of working with children, particularly those with a learning disability, and you will be qualified to HNC level with SVQ 3 (or willing to work towards these qualifications). In return, for the permanent position, there’s a benefits package that includes an employer contributory pension and generous holiday allowance.
This is a temporary post for a minimum of one year.
Salary is pro rata of 38.5 hours per week.
To work together as a team to provide care and support appropriate to the needs of the individual child or young person. To provide this care and support in the residential setting, the community and the home. To plan and implement activities to meet the individual needs and aspirations of service users. To ensure the highest quality of service delivery. To model good Social Care practice.
- To promote work that meets CrossReach’s and the National Standards.
- To promote the aims and objectives of the service.
- To be involved in the general day to day care and support of the children.
- To act as Keyworker to identified children and contribute to the setting up, carrying out and reviewing of care plans.
- To represent the service at reviews and other relevant meetings.
- To participate in regular supervision.
- To carry out agreed behaviour.
- Support strategy plans.
- To promote effective communication.
- To support the families and carers of the children and young people.
- To promote social inclusion initiatives.
- To empower children to access local services and leisure opportunities.
- To contribute to the strategic development of the service.
- To undertake a flexible pattern of shifts.
- To undertake other duties as directed by Senior Staff to meet the needs of children and the aims of the unit.
- Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
- Facilitate service user’s to attend Christian worship (or worship of choice as required by the role).
Ideally you will be required to be qualified to HNC level and SVQ 3 in Health & Social Care (Children & Young People) or be committed to gaining these qualifications.
As we do our work in Christ’s name you must be respectful of our Christian Ethos and be able to work within it.
An interest in working with children and young people who have disabilities, some of which can lead to challenging behaviour.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
Skills and Abilities
Previous experience working with children.
Previous experience in Learning Disability.