Counselling Training Manager - Part Time - Temporary
CrossReach Counselling provides a wide range of therapeutic support and counselling for individuals or couples. Anyone can contact us for therapeutic support for any life challenge they may be facing. We also have specialist expertise in working with children and young people, those affected by substance use and with those expecting a baby or with an infant up to two years old. Support is delivered from our premises across Scotland as well as over the phone and online.
As the national Counselling Training Manager you will ensure all staff, volunteers and external participants are trained to the highest clinical standards relating to counselling, mental health and wellbeing. The main focus will be on creating and managing a team to deliver professional, ethical and quality driven programmes including COSCA recognised training in Counselling Skills, Counselling Supervision and Counselling.
What do I need? A qualification at post graduate diploma level in counselling or psychotherapy plus a training and development qualification . To do this role you will also need experience in developing and delivering high quality training and experience in conducting training needs analysis and sourcing or creating training. You will also need to be able to work to a broad remit where priorities can change on a daily basis.
This is a temporary role for a one year period.
Salary is pro rata of 38.5 hours per week.
Working across our national counselling services, ensure that all staff, volunteers and external participants are trained to the highest clinical standards relating to counselling, mental health and wellbeing.
The main focus will be on creating and managing a team to deliver professional, ethical and quality driven programmes including COSCA recognised training in Counselling Skills, Counselling Supervision and Counselling.
Children & Young People and be able to personally assist in the delivery of these training programmes.
Contribute to raising the profile of CrossReach’s services. This will involve developing and maintaining a network of relevant third-party organisations that may benefit from our expertise and partnership working.
Hold a national budget and generate sustainable income by creating and delivering bespoke training programmes that are continually reviewed for effectiveness.
- Nurture mutually beneficial relationships, both internal and with third party organisations, that will support future income generation by developing and delivering high quality and bespoke training courses suited to their particular need.
- Optimise the utilisation of resources (people and locations) to achieve the most financially viable training delivery within agreed budget.
- Create and document minimum regulatory qualification and training standards required for each role by using clinical expertise in Counselling and knowledge in Training and Development.
- Liaising with the appropriate external validator(s), ensure all relevant training courses are accurately monitored, recorded and meet all criteria for internal and external validation,
- Create skills and training matrices that both adhere to minimum standards, and support CPD and career progression from existing training resources.
- Liaising with the appropriate external validator(s) to ensure all relevant training courses are accurately monitored, recorded and meet all criteria for internal and external validation,
- Conduct regular training needs analysis that outlines training gaps and highlights training requirements for existing staff and volunteers.
- Develop and deliver relevant additional training courses that currently fall outside of the basic training provision offered by CrossReach L&D team (with necessary administrative support), whilst continually adding and updating matrices for CPD and compliance.
- Work with the wider management team to ensure the adequate supply of appropriately skilled and qualified trainers, responding to changing pressures and requirements in a flexible manner.
- Investigate availability, suitability and cost effectiveness of replicating training or sourcing additional training in different geographical areas, that supports industry best practice and CrossReach’s reputation for providing high quality training
- Create and submit detailed business cases that clearly articulate the opportunity of the change or investment. This will be done by using appropriate methods and media that suit the audience.
- Develop and maintain a network of appropriate third party, external organisations in order to share experiences, maximise income and learn from best practice.
- Working in collaboration with the Counselling Administrative teams, ensure that all training materials are produced and issued on time, and in a way that enhances the reputation of CrossReach C&F training.
- Acting as the CrossReach point of contact for the independent trainers, manage the relationship with the trainers to ensure they engage and provide the best service to CrossReach and their end clients.
- Working with the Clinical Management Team, review and evaluate the delivery of training to ensure it remains appropriate and that opportunities for enhancements and/or new training are capitalised on.
- Ensure that the necessary information is collated and maintained to support existing funding and new funding opportunities.
- Demonstrate and share Christian love and support, including sharing with others the leading of worship in accordance with CrossReach policy and by ensuring all staff meetings are opened with prayer and Bible reading.
- Minimum of post graduate diploma level qualification in counselling or psychotherapy
- Membership of relevant professional body such as COSCA/BACP/BAAT/UKCP that fulfils the criteria for PSA registration.
- Training and Development qualification
- COSCA Trainer Accreditation at Diploma Level or the ability to acquire*
*Please refer to the Cosca Accreditation Guidelines if required before you apply
As we do our work in Christ’s name this role requires you to have a Christian faith and be able to work within and uphold our Christian Ethos (this is an ongoing occupational requirement under the Equality Act 2010.
You will be required to hold a membership of Disclosure Scotland (Protection Vulnerable Group).
Skills and Abilities
- Significant post qualifying Counselling practice hours
- Experience of Clinical Supervision
- Proven experience of developing & delivering high quality training
- Extensive experience conducting training needs analysis and sourcing or creating training to fill skills gaps
- Experience in keeping training records for regulatory and compliance purposes
- Confident working with third parties to promote existing training packages.
- Demonstrable experience of wider networking in order to seek out opportunities that may generate income
- Excellent communicator and influencer
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Judgement/Creative/Critical Thinking
- IT – competent in use of software packages.