Deputy Manager - Part Time
Do you want to take the opportunity to become part of the leadership team of CrossReach Bluebell Perinatal Service? This role offers the chance to make a meaningful difference to families’ lives: reducing perinatal stigma and isolation and increasing innovative perinatal counselling and support.
We’re looking for a creative, can-do person with significant counselling experience and a keen interest in supervision and training too. A reflective team player who knows how to use their management skills and work well under pressure.
The Bluebell Deputy Manager role is a varied and dynamic role where you have responsibility for the day to day running of the counselling service and allocation of clients. You will carry your own small caseload, assist with recruiting and training staff, and be involved with raising the service profile and fundraising activities.
Salary is pro rata of 38.5 hours per week.
Job share applications will be considered.
To maintain and develop a high quality counselling, therapy and support service under the direction of the Manager and to take lead responsibility for key areas.
To oversee the day-to-day management of the service and ensure that Health and Safety and Risk Management procedures are explicit and adhered to.
Through Christian leadership, he/she will ensure that these services reflect CrossReach's Christian ethos and mission statement.
1. Hold specific responsibilities for the day-to-day operation and administration of the PND service and to hold the main clinical responsibility in relation to referral assessment and allocation of clients.
2. Manage the client waiting list and referrals to the service.
3. Contribute to developing policies and procedures, including CORE and other methods for evaluating the service.
4. Deputise for the manager in his/her absence.
5. Carry a small counselling caseload.
6. Participate in recruitment, selection, induction and training of volunteer counsellors, supervisors, therapists, crèche, admin and fundraising volunteers.
7. Provide clinical and management supervision for staff and volunteers as appropriate.
8. Contribute to the development & delivery of training and personal growth opportunities for volunteers within the centre.
9. Together with the manager, manage & promote fundraising, publicity, social media and training and education in the area of perinatal mental hearth.
10. Together with the Manager, monitor standards required to maintain COSCA Service Recognition.
11. Liaise with relevant professional, statutory and voluntary organisations as required.
12. Any other duties as requested by the Manager.
• Reflect Christian love from own Christian experience.
• Uphold and reflect behaviours consistent with the Christian Faith and the CrossReach values.
• Lead daily Christian worship in accordance with CrossReach daily guidelines.
• Provide Christian support to service users & staff if requested.
• Open staff meetings and changeovers with set prayer and bible reading.
• Explain the Christian faith to those who ask.
Essential: Diploma in Counselling
Desirable: Qualification in Training and Clinical Supervision
The post holder must have the ability to be a strong self motivator and be able to work to a broad remit, where changing priorities can be a daily occurrence.
You are required to have a Christian faith and be able to work within and uphold our Christian Ethos (This is a requirement under the quality act 2010.)
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
Skills and Abilities
Experience in counselling.
Experience in clinical supervision.
Good communication and team working skills.
Experience in delivering training, and managing staff and volunteers.
Experience of working with mothers and children and being able to work across a multi disciplinary team.