Are you looking for a rewarding career that gives you flexibility and a real sense of a job well done. Working within a supportive team, improving the lives of older people could be for you?
Working for CrossReach can provide opportunities for training, personal development and career progression. Our welcoming team will support you to achieve an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate and open the door to other development opportunities.
We all have something in common, that is we will all grow older. In CrossReach we want to ensure that those who need a service are surrounded by people who want to care and can help to bring a smile to someone brightening their day, improving their quality of life.
This work can be challenging as well as fulfilling. As an organisation your wellbeing is important to us. We have benefits package which includes a generous pension.
To prepare and serve nutritionally balanced and attractively presented meals and snacks to reflect the individual needs and requests of the service user ensuring a high standard of hygiene and safety in the catering area and promoting service user participation in the life of the home.
- To be responsible for efficiency, hygiene and safety in the catering area.
- To implement and uphold the CrossReach aims, objectives, policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for keeping accurate stock records, ordering stock and budgeting.
- To prepare meals and present them to the highest possible standard.
- To be responsible for all health and hygiene issues relating to the kitchen, equipment and materials and report any hazards, without delay, to the Hospitality Manager and the Unit Manager.
- To undertake any extra duties or responsibilities that may be required from time to time.
Desirable: City and Guilds or equivalent, with a desire for further training.
Have respect for all aspects of Christian worship.
This post requires you to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and undertake the necessary vetting checks.
Skills and Abilities
Previous catering experience would be desirable.
Postholder must possess basic computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Office and the internet.